Friday, May 4, 2012

Salsa and Stuff

                                This is what Kit and Chick decided to have to kick off their Cinco de Mayo               weekend.. It really was fantastico!!!!

 I decided to make a platter of mixed salsas.  I bought two smooth style salsas, and made two extra chunky.  One had avocado and onions mixed in a simple olive oil and lime juice dressing with a little salt and pepper. The other was a black bean corn salsa with onions, tomatoes and chopped red peppers.


                    I love using this pretty dish for dips and condiments. It is an oldy but a goody.





This is the snack table. You will notice the grapes. I am all about healthy eating. Well, most of the time.  I put out a bowl of blue corn chips and the lightly salted plain corn chips. I made colorful little sombrero cookies I found online.  They took me ten minutes and are so cute. There are some cupcakes topped with little pinata donkeys that I made with molded chocolate. And finally, some orange soda with lime wedges. Certainly not that sophisticated but definitely festive.  A crockpot of chili and some tacos will complete the party. I decided to go with a sure thing and tacos are so easy. Have a great weekend!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment