Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!!!!!!


Today, I wanted to give a shout out to all the Veterans, as well as the wonderful people that helped to build this wonderful nation of ours. Memorial day is not only about remembering the dead, it is a lovely day of reflection and cook outs.  I thought I would post this little documentery on the Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge.  This beautiful cemetery is not only a bird sanctuary, with incredible history, it holds a special place in my heart because my grandfather is buried there.  Many people in Boston are not aware of this amazing little gem tucked in the back pocket of Cambridge.  It is a wonderful place to take long walks and they even have tours and classes.  The unusual thing is none of them have to do with death.  This place was designed for the living.  I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment