Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Thoughts


 Are these flowers beautiful or what?  They were a gift from my husband.  I told him I needed a vacation. He gave me these.  It was the thought that counts.  Nice to know he is still actually listening to me.                                                          

I was really inspired by this colorful mix of penny candies I bought at the store.  I bought a variety of other kinds but they were quickly eaten and never made it to the blog.

This was the only cherry gummy candy left in the bag. They are so cute and so addictive. They would be perfect for a rockabilly inspired theme party or wedding. I was inspired to make something with cherries so I decided to go with a cherry pecan brownie.  I used mayo in place of eggs.


Here they are, hot out of the oven.  They were really good. I had a nice slab with a cup of tea but then decided they needed a little something else.
 A scoop of chocolate frozen yogurt and a drizzling of cherry sauce. The frozen yogurt would have been better if it was real ice cream but my husband is on a diet and doesn't feel as guilty polishing of a half gallon of this stuff.
 Finally,  I need to share this giant cup cake filled with a yummy chocolate cream filling. A friend brought it to share but even one fourth was too much.  I have definitely satisfied my sweet tooth for the week. Hope to find more "inspiration" to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment