Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thoughtful lil' gifts

 Greetings!!!  I just wanted to show you a couple little things that made me happy. The first being my annual Holiday Barbie 2012. I mentioned before, I get one every year, this year was no different. She is lovely! My father who always gives her to me said, he thought she looked very cheap this year. I love to talk Barbies with my fabulous seventy year old Dad. I had to disagree. I love the simplicity of red and white. It was a lot like last years but I loved last years as well. I also have the Hallmark Holiday Barbie Ornament. However, I am very sad to announce that after the many years of collecting the Barbie ornaments, this was the final in the series. I guess it must have been losing popularity. Sniff, sniff.
 Next, I would like to show you this pretty little cowly, scarfy thing my friend knit for me. Pull over scarves are big this year but my bestie, kicked it up a notch by adding some vintage buttons. It is really soft and looks very cool popping out of the top of my coat. It displays all the richness of a sweater with the skinniness  of a tee shirt, because of course, it only covers ones neck.
 This cute wreath was an accessory on a gift from another friend. It is a homemade candy wreath with Jolly ranchers, caramels, bulls-eyes and gum.  This are all twist open candies. Ones they are open you should be left with a fluffy candy wrapper wreath. What a cute, sweet idea!
 Above and below are some homemade ornaments from my sister. She used scrap paper as well as vintage cards. I really liked them. No surprise, I love to see re-purposed vintage paper given new life. Happy second day of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment