Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Christmas Eve Y'all !!!!

It's Christmas Eve and I have a lot of bits and pieces to put together to make the big day a success. We always decorate our big tree on Christmas Eve, it is a family tradition. I put a bunch of small trees around to keep everyone in the spirit of the Holidays. Here is one of the small trees next to my plug in fire log. It flickers and makes a crackling sound. It is just the thing to create a little winter ambiance. You will also notice a mix match bunch of stockings. There are a bunch of us here and everyone picked out their own stocking except for the cat. I will be up extra late stuffing those stockings and trying to keep them from falling. Stress central! I will probably start munching on chocolate treats intended for good children.
 Here are a couple cinnamon nut loaves. I did a bunch of different baked goods. They are great last minute back up gifts. Then I did some homemade ornaments for the people I knew like that sort of thing. Most of my other friends got store bought scarves and Alex and Ani bracelets. I had fun picking out special charms. I also threw together some gift baskets with Wolfgang Puck Soups, crackers, tea, olives, biscotti, and Chocolate  No rhyme or reason just stuff I like myself.
 Here is my mini pink candy tree. It is really just a little table top number. I have a soft spot in my heart for pastel Christmas decor. I really love how it can take us right into February with Valentines Day. It takes a long time to get rid of all the Holiday decor. I tend to let snowmen and winter/snow flake stuff hang for a while.
 Here is one little troop of Nutcrackers. One of my sons has been collecting since he was little so his collection is pretty big. There is such a huge variety. He always gets an original of different one for Christmas Morning.
 This is my pathetic little snow village  There are only about nine houses but really who has the room or patience, or most importantly the time?. We were fortunate enough to inherit my husband's Father's vintage Lionel Train set. In the past we have set up the trains with the little glittery cardboard houses as well as these lighted porcelain numbers. However,  it really takes days to set up because we need to build the giant table. Christmas sprang on us too fast I guess. We just didn't have the time.
 Here are just a few of the Holiday Barbie Collection that I set up every year around the house. I am missing the first two dolls, one of these days I will order them online to complete the set...I have been saying that for years now.
 Are they pretty or what. I wish I were going to a party where I could sport a gown like that. I keep them mint in box mostly because the boxes are so graphic themselves.  I love the little scarf wearing deer in the background snow scene,  featured below for 2011.
 I also own all the Hallmark Holiday Barbie Ornaments. This is the first ornament I put on this years tree. Hallmark is incredible when it comes to ornaments. So many musical, humorous, beautiful, animated and collection varieties to choose from in their line.  I was collecting the Madame Alexander Angels but the discontinued. That was a bummer. I posted before that I collect the Saint Nicks and this year, thanks to Chickie, who bought me a couple, I plan to collect the Fisher-Price vintage toy collection ornaments.
 This lovely Barbie statue is just adorable. She has the vintage ponytail Barbie face and she is hanging out with Snow Babies. I like Snow Babies as much as I like Kewpies in the spring.
 Here are a couple of woodland Snow Babies. Whats not to love?
 I wanted to show you this crafty little church and sleigh made of yarn and plastic netting. Someone really put a ton of time into this project. I got it at a Holly Fair a few years ago. It was definitely worth more than the four dollars I paid for it. The labor alone.It is hard to see but it even has some sparkly gold thread that was added later.
 Here is my vintage Christmas Elf that sits on a shelf. He used to have bells on his shoes and hat but my kids abused him...because " he is so creepy". He looks a lot like a Rice Crispies Elf, Snap, Crackle or Pop.
 More Holiday inspiration. Frosty the Snowman coasters. more little deer candles as well as a collapsing Santa. You press in the button under his stand and he faints. Entertaining for at least  a good three minutes.
 Look at these cute little magnets,below, my friend made me with retro pictures. They look so cute on the fridge. I need to make this easy gift myself...someday.
 Fired up the old record player today while I was cleaning. It really inspired me to get everything done on my list. I skipped Rudolph the second time around. Once is plenty.
 This little vintage Santa ornament wishes you all a safe, exciting Christmas Eve. I hope your dreams come true! Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment