Sunday, March 30, 2014

Some of my Closest Friends

 Maybe I do have a little problem. I am addicted to dolls. All kinds. I have literally hundreds. I have some over a hundred years old and some I just bought this year. Here are just a few different kinds of dolls I like. Starting with Barbie. Yes I love her...but it more about the fashion. I mean so many fashion designers collect Barbie.  I have several from Bob Mackie. I even heard Andy Warhol collected her. I am friends with many Barbie collectors around the world through Facebook. It is reassuring to know I am in such good, crazy company.
 Here are some of my Dawn Dolls. They are from 1970. She was like a mini Barbie doll and had just as many cute fashions and accessories. The great thing about Dawn is she could fit in the average size doll house. I remember giving her out at my seventh birthday as party favors. My friend recently gave me the two she and her sister got at my party. Imagine, their Mom saved them.  There are lots of advantages to being a hoarder.
 Next we have some antique German dolls. I have at least ten. They have beautiful glass eyes. They really freak out my husband and sons.
 Here was Mattel's Dawn-like knock off. The Rock Flowers. They were also sold in the U.K. but were nowhere as popular as Dawn.
 Heres a cute celluloid, mini walker from the forties. They were very sweet stringed dolls that could swing their legs and move their head from side to side by pushing them across the floor.
 I love when worlds collide. My father gave me this beautiful classic Ponytail Barbie giving gifts to snow babies. It was a very pricey gift and I really love it.
 Here is another Barbie knock off. At first I thought she might be from Japan but I think know she is from America. She is a tiny bit taller than the Barbies of that time.
 This is a Tressy Doll. Her hair used to grow and you could wash and style it. She came with a lot of cute outfits as well.
 This is a boudoir doll or a dresser doll by the Bradley doll company. I think every girl in the seventies had one. Some were even made into lamps.
 Here is an imitation Skipper doll. This is her original outfit.
 And of course I needed to add Liddle Kiddles. I have many of them. They have so many different kinds and themes, they are a pricey thing to collect. These are a few perfume Kiddles. Anyway, I thought I would share just a small part of my crazy obsession.  Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment