Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Knit Wittin'

Knitting and crocheting are both are a great past time, not to mention, relaxing. Over the years, I have received and made dozens of baby blankets and scarves for friends. I have actually knitted several small baby blankets together to make an interesting throw for my own bed.   
 I got this really neat, vintage, knitting kit years ago. I am pretty sure it is from the sixties. I prefer to use long knitting needles or bamboo needles but this is pretty cool with the different attachments.
 There is no excuse for anyone to say, that they are not able to knit. There are so many beautiful yarn varieties today, from sparkly, to thick and fluffy, that one can create something beautiful with a simple pearl stitch. Below, I had two remnant pieces that I was going to use on a few little sweaters. They got messed up so instead of tossing the poor craftsmanship work in the trash, I put them together and made a little bag to stuff knitting supplies into. I usually keep my current project stuff in a basket but the yarn gets snagged and tangled. Problem solved.
This is what I am thinking about doing next......dog sweaters. I really need to get a poodle.


No comments:

Post a Comment