Monday, July 2, 2012

This n That

Look at these pretty painted bunnies! We have them all over the place here in Dedham painted by local artist.  They are to showcase Dedham pride as well as an art awareness campaign. They are really fun.   
 The harvest has officially begun. Here are a few potatoes and chives from my garden. The potatoes were effortless. I plan on doing up big barrels of spuds for next year. You can use repurposed trash barrels and end up with fifty pounds of spuds. I was skeptical but now I am sold. Besides, who doesn't love the versatile potato?
I had to go to a cookout today so I decided to bring my very easy layered, cake pudding whipped cream dessert and some cone cup cakes. I saw this wonderful new product at the store. It is by Dunkan Hines. It is a can of frosting starter and you then add the coloring and flavoring from a huge variety of packets. You sprinkle it in and mix. I chose mint green. It was fantastic and so easy.
 Nex,t I took cones and filled them with cake batter. I added a bulls eye candy but in the future I would use some chocolate chips on the bottom. The carmel was a little too hard to chew in the cake.

 Then I frosted them and decorated them with pearls and sprinkles. I love the cone cake idea but know I understand they are difficult to travel with. These look like a mess. The reason is because they are top heavy and tip over. They were a cute basket weave frosting pattern but they got destroyed. Oh well, the kids still loved them.

Finally I made fruit kabobs. I put a candy fruit slice on the end for color. However, I realized after, that they could be dangerous for kids. Someone could run with them and stab themselves. Popsicle sticks would be a much better choice in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment